Thursday, December 16, 2010
How to make burnished silver gift tags and tree decs
Need: silver take-away lid, pencil, hole punch, black poster paint, ribbon or pipe cleaner, scissors
1. Draw an image onto the silver lid. Push down hard with the pencil so that the drawing is indented
2. Cut the picture out, leaving a gap all the way round it
3. Carefully hole punch the top
4. Drip a little black poster paint onto a plate and dip your finger in. Rub the paint into the indentations of your drawing. Keep rubbing in all directions until the effect of burnished silver is achieved
5. Thread your ribbon or pipe cleaner through the hole. This can now be used for a tree decoration or a gift tag!